French words from walking around my neighborhood, checking out the various businesses:
- le traiteur: Caterer. I think it also might refer to a place/person that makes food to go.
- la gestion: Management, administration.
- un achat: Purchase, buying. As opposed to…
- la vente: Sales, selling.
- le comptoir: A counter (as in a bar), although I see it more often in the sense of a bar.
Words from doing the grocery shopping:
- le seiche: Cuttlefish (quite tasty grilled)
- le poulpe: Octopus. Having it for dinner, in a salad.
- la coquille: Shell.
- filme fraîchure: Saran wrap.
- écrémé: Fat-free.